Alone or with a bunch of family members, it is crucial to save up on space as much as possible if you want to have adequate room for walking around in a small house.
1. Cool Kitchen Storage Shelf Ideas
The first hack you can go for is setting up a shelf in your kitchen where you can hang and place jars.
2. Unique Hanging Faux Jewelry Box
If you don’t know where to store your extra jewelry today, you might want to invest in hanging faux boxes that you can easily pin onto the wall.
3. Upcycled Magazine Rack Baking Sheet Holder
A magazine baking rack is great for holding all your baking items, such as sheets and foil.
4. Vertical Cooking Oil Bottle Shelf Holder
Say goodbye to not being able to place your cooking oil bottles upright, as this shelf holder hack will take all your worries away!
5. Expandable Raised Canned Pantry Organizer
Having a raised organizer in your pantry will allow you to save up on a lot of storage space for other yummy goodies.
6. Hanging Multi-Purpose Magnetic Wall Organizer
A multi-purpose organizer is one of the great storage ideas as it doesn’t take up too much space on the walls, but also keeps extra items such as keys and brushes off of the floor space.
7. Tilt Out Double Bin Trash
A double bin trash with its mouth tilted out is one of the best ways to save up on space without compromising on the aesthetic and visuals of your kitchen and home.
8. Whitmor 4-Section Closet Shelving Organizer
The Whitmor shelving organizer with 4 sections is great for storing valuables and keys without getting them misplaced.
9. mDesign Shelved Hanging Shower Caddy
In this case, such an item will keep all your cosmetic products in one place, and also provide easier access.
10. Vintage Design Metal Plate Rack
Metal racks are all the rage, due to their sleek design and amazingly aesthetic visuals. However, they can also house a great number of items at once, therefore being pleasantly convenient as well.
11. Compact Size Storage Basket
A storage basket is great for keeping all your essentials in one place, but a compact-sized TheWarmHome Store one is even better! The sleek design of it combined with the convenience is something you definitely need in your small spaces.
12. Cutting Board Storage Shelf Rack
You can even install a storage shelf rack with your cutting board when it is not in use. This is an amazing way of utilizing your everyday items to make space in your small house.
13. Over the Sink Dish Drain Rack
Throw an over-the-sink dish drain rack for storing all those freshly washed dishes and cutlery. This will allow the water to drain without taking up too much space either.
14. Wooden Metal Nespresso Vertuo Coffee Pod Holder
You might even want to consider utilizing your Nespresso coffee-pod holder to house other items such as tablespoons, teaspoons, and forks.
15. Bathroom Wall Mounted Cabinet Organizer
A bathroom wall-mounted organizer is a great space-saving hack to own. Starting from your cosmetics to bathroom essentials such as shampoos and conditioners, you can store anything and everything there.
16. 3-Pack Under Bed Wheeled Storage Bin
Having a high-rise bed is great as you can easily throw in wheeled storage bins there to keep more things out of open view.
17. Open Wooden Storage Shelving Unit
An open wooden shelving unit is great for housing items that would otherwise be laying around in the open.
18. Under Cabinet Utensil Organizer Drawer
From your daily utensils to that chinaware that you barely bring out unless it’s a special event, installing an under-the-cabinet organizer drawer is a great space-saving idea.
19. Over the Door Laundry Bag
Say goodbye to nasty, unwashed clothes piling up on one specific chair in the bedroom, as an over-the-door laundry bag will keep those dirty clothes away from view until the next cleaning day.
20. Under Shelf Bronze Design Basket
An under-shelf basket is a great place for storing loose items. The bronze color makes the basket look very pretty as well.
21. Corner Floor Storage Bathroom Cabinet
If there are enough corners in your bathroom, you might want to utilize that space by installing cabinets for your cosmetic and skincare products.
22. Shoe Storage Under the Stairs
The space beneath the staircase is an amazing place to store your shoes and even laundry items. It is even better if you can install multiple storage units under the staircase for more space.
23. Install a Bookshelf Beneath the Bed
We know you have heard of vertical shelves, but have you ever considered installing a horizontal bookshelf under your bed? No, right? Well, it is just as functional as a vertical one, but uses less space!
24. Simple Shower Ring Scarf Storage
You can utilize your shower rings by turning them into scarf holders that you can safely keep in your wardrobe.
25. Space-Saving Jars Mounted Under a Shelf
Jars with earrings and other small items can easily be kept under the bed, where no one will see them.
26. Hidden Sliding Shelf in a Small Bathroom
Having a sliding shelf is one of the great storage ideas for small spaces on a budget and a fantastic way to make more space in a small bathroom, as the shelf will usually go back inside the compartment it came from when you are done using the items.
27. Build a Freestanding Bathroom Cabinet
A freestanding bathroom cabinet can house items such as towels and robes, as well as toiletries.
28. Maximize the Space Beneath Kitchen Cabinets
Instead of leaving the space unused under your kitchen cabinets, why not utilize the area by installing metal hooks and boards where you can float mugs and cups? This kitchen storage hack saves space and also adds dimension to your kitchen counter.
29. Slip a Slender Table Behind the Sofa
A slender table behind the sofa is great for housing those newspapers and Vogue magazines that you barely read! It also looks sleek and can hold coffee mugs well.
30. Adorable Hanger Hack for Sandal Storage
Ever thought a hanger can work as a makeshift sandal storage hack? Whether it’s a small hanger or a large one, you can easily hang your flats and flip-flops from there while maximizing space for other items.
31. Hanging Shelves Double Cabinet Space
Hanging shelves are ideal for creating more space in your cabinet, especially if you have way too many mugs and cups lying around.
32. Rolling Spice Rack Beside the Fridge
A rolling spice rack is great for when you are in a hurry and want to cook up something delicious for the night.
33. Sliding Shelves Mounted Behind Bathroom Mirror
Sliding shelves are hidden afterward the bathroom mirror should definitely be installed if you want to save up space in your small bathroom. From your meds to your toothbrush and even sanitary items, such shelves can hold everything and anything.
34. Free Up Sink Storage with Appliance Hooks
These hooks can be glued onto any door and can withstand the weight of pans, dryers, trays, etc.
35. Sliding Drawers Make Sink Storage Simple
Sliding drawers under the sink are amazing for housing cutleries and bigger and sharper utensils such as knives and forks.
36. Low-Mounted Coat Rack for Entryway Shoe Storage
A low-mounted coat rack can act as a shoe storage around the entryway. This is where you and your guests will be throwing in your shoes upon entering the house.
37. Wire Shelving For Storing Pans
You can install wire shelves under your kitchen cabinet or sinks to store pots and pans that would have otherwise been laying around here and there.
38. Attractive Shelves Give Floor-to-Ceiling Storage
Floor-to-ceiling shelves are great for creating more space in the house without making it look smaller or too cluttered.
39. Add Storage Between Your Washer and Dryer
Utilize the space between your washer and dryer in order to keep all your cleaning items such as detergent and soaps in one place.
40. Cabinets Beneath the Stairs Maximize Unused Space
You can even go ahead and install cabinets under the stairs if you want to utilize unused space properly.
41. Pantry Door Transformed Into a Spice Rack
Why not try installing racks behind the pantry door to hold your spice and herb containers? The space can easily be utilized properly if you install racks and even a few adhesive hooks here and there.
42. Shelves Multitask as Storage and Room Divider
Shelves are mainly great storage ideas as they divide your walls into different sections. While one shelf can hold your keys and plants, the other can easily hold bigger items, such as a lamps and telephones.
43. Mount Colorful Hat Boxes for Bathroom Storage
Colorful hat boxes are unique and bring a dash of vibrancy to your small bathroom. On top of that, you can organize your stuff in a color-coded manner.
44. Fill a Shoe Organizer with Cleaning Supplies
If you have an empty shoe organizer just lying around for no reason, you can eventually turn it into a holder for your cleaning supplies as well. A shoe organizer is much bigger than an actual supply holder.
45. Install Handy Fixtures in Your Island
Having fixtures installed on the island and kitchen counters can be really handy, especially when you don’t have enough space for storing those mugs and extra teacups.
46. Commode Shelf Keeps the Necessities Close By
Install a shelf on top of the commode if you want to keep toiletries and other bathroom essentials close by your hand.
47. Angled Shelving Conveniently Holds Laundry Baskets
Angled shelves are great for holding laundry baskets in place, especially if you have small space in your bathroom or laundry room.
48. Shower Curtain Clips Hold Your Beauty Products
Did you know you can actually use curtain clips to hold all your essential beauty products, such as facemasks and washes in place while you enjoy a relaxing time in the bath.
49. Install a Full-Length Mirror with Hidden Shelving
A full-length mirror for your bathroom or bedroom is much better than owning a short one. On top of that, installing a hidden shelf behind it will make the mirror more functional than it already is!
50. Artwork Transforms Into Fold-Down Table
Instead of owning just any kind of artwork, you can easily customize your table into looking like one. This can be placed as an artwork, and even be taken out to be used as a fold-down table when required.
51. Gorgeous and Modern Built-In Laundry Storage
A built-in laundry storage is modern while also creating a better look for your home. You can store your washed and unwashed clothes without mixing them up inside the storage units as well.
52. Make Practical Use of Open Wall
From hanging wall baskets to even installing shelves, you can do so much with a wall when it comes to saving and making new space in your living room.
53. Turn Your Fridge Into Magnetic Spice Storage
If you have loads of magnets or a tiny magnetic basket for your fridge, you can use them to store spice and herb containers without using up too much space. The spice and herb containers will be in the basket attached to the fridge by magnets.
54. Keep Organized with a Stylish Organizer Wall
A wall organizer idea will keep your items in place, therefore keeping your dressing table and cabinets safe from the unwanted mess.
55. Use Every Inch with Rolling Under-Bed Storage
A rolling storage unit is great as you can hide a lot of things in such a piece of equipment under your bed. The items will stay out of reach and sight as well.
50+ Creative Storage and Organization Hacks for Small Spaces
Below are some more amazing hacks and storage ideas for small spaces that you can put to physical use when storing and organizing items in your small apartment or room.
1. Install shelves along the perimeter of your bedroom walls
You can install basic shelves all around your walls in order to store multiple items on them.
2. Clip binder clips onto your desk and keep cords in their arms
Attach binder clips together onto your study table and store your charging cables and cores through the arms to minimize clutter.
3. Hang a clothes rack in the corner
A clothes rack in the corner of the room is perfect for throwing dirty, unwashed clothes onto.
4. Use crown molding as a shoe rack
You can even opt for a crown molding as a shoe rack if you lack the space in your room and the budget as well.
5. Opt for a headboard with storage
Having a headboard with storage space is amazing as you can utilize the area to keep your phones and other night items before you fall asleep.
6. Use your radiator for shelf
A radiator can act as a shelf, as you can easily keep items such as small plants and keys on such a piece of equipment.
7. Store your yoga mat on the wall
Storing your yoga mat on shelves on the wall is a great creative idea if you lack a proper basket for it.
8. Buy a bed frame with drawers
You should opt for investing in a bed frame that comes with drawers underneath as you can store blankets and sheets there.
9. Build a staircase/bookcase
A staircase bookcase is not only a warm nook where you can retire to at the end of the day but it also saves up space in the room.
10. DIY a platform storage bed
Turn your old bed into a DIY platform one with many storage compartments underneath.
11. Stack old suitcases to make a vintage nightstand
If you lack a nightstand of your own, you can easily purchase cheaper vintage suitcases and turn them into an aesthetic nightstand instead!
12. Hide your trash bin
If you want to save space in your room today, hide that trash bin as it not only ruins the look of your room but also minimizes walking spaces.
13. Install a fold-down desk
A fold-down desk can be closed during the night and taken out during the day for educational and meal purposes.
14. Store your tank tops on curtain rings
If you haven’t got any more hangers left in your wardrobe, you can use curtain rings to hang small clothes.
15. Hang a cork wall for jewelry storage
Jewelry and earrings can be hung with the help of a cork wall.
16. Velcro your hard drive to a shelf
Too many things cluttering your spaces? Use a Velcro patch to stick your HD to the shelf.
17. Hang pegs on the back of your closet door for storing
Shoe Pegs can hold up your shoes in a closet for easy access.
18. Fold your bed sheets and store them under your mattress
Use the space beneath your bed to store things like sheets and blankets.
19. Give your pants their own rack
Separate a rack specifically for your pants only, to keep them folded and organized for longer.
22. DIY a pegboard organizer
A homemade peg organizer can be mounted onto the wall for easier access to earrings and necklaces and kitchen essentials too.
23. Suspend your bicycle from the ceiling
Hanging your bicycle from the ceiling adds a hint of abstract art to your apartment.
24. Build bookshelves from old dresser drawers
You can use your drawers to create a makeshift bookshelf as well.
25. Maximize your drawer storage with drawer organizers
Drawer organizers will keep everything separated in your drawers.
26. Store your keys and cables in LEGOs
Use your child’s LEGO blocks as key and cable holders.
27. Try Open Shelving Ideas
Two MANDAL headboards come with a lot of storage and also look visually pleasing.
28. Build a trundle bed with storage
DIY your own trundle bed with loads of storage spaces for future purposes.
29. Create your own rolling library
A rolling library with books can be a great way to store your books without creating clutter.
30. Buy hanging fruit basket to Store things
Use hanging fruit baskets to store items that would’ve otherwise been left on the floor.
31. Store clothes and linens in canvas totes
Canvas totes can hold items, clothes, and even large linens.
32. Deck out your wall with TRONES
TRONES can be decorated on the walls to create a visual piece while also organizing the room.
33. Mount an invisible bookshelf to the wall
An invisible bookshelf on the wall can give your house that beautiful aesthetic effect.
34. Wall-mount your coat rack
Instead of leaving it on the floor, install your coat rack on the wall to create spaces.
35. Install a shelf above your bedroom door
A shelf above the door can store plants and even bowls with secret keys.
36. Use bead organizers for your makeup storage
Bead organizers on the table can store your makeup and cosmetic products.
37. Belt, tie, and scarf organizers
Purchase separate organizers for your belts, ties, and scarves.
38. Use bookshelves as a headboard
Having a bookshelf as a headboard and multi-tasks as a reading space as well.
39. Add risers to your bed
Risers can elevate your bed, thus creating storage spaces beneath for boxes and sheets.
40. DIY a full-length mirror jewelry cabinet
A full-length mirror with a jewelry cabinet can store items and allow you to see your pretty face at once.
41. Install tension rods in your bedroom to store shoes
Tension rods can act as shoe holders, thus reducing clutter and mess from your room.
42. Build a balancing bookshelf
A balancing bookshelf enhances the look of your house while also creating spaces beneath it.
43. Sit on your hidden storage
You can turn your storage boxes into sofas or short stools to sit on when required.
44. Hide keys behind your artwork
Hiding your keys behind paintings can be a great way to enhance security in the house while also reducing clutter.
45. Mount magazine racks
Magazine racks attached to the walls can hold umbrellas and even shoes if required to.
46. Stack cabinets
Stacking cabinet space over each other can create more spaces and a unique household item.
47. Install an (almost) invisible nightstand
An invisible nightstand can create a unique look in your bedroom, while also making room for other items on the floor.
48. Add a window seat to your bedroom
Having a window seat in your bedroom is a great way to maximize spaces and make the room appear larger then it is.
49. Store your boots in vertical Space Storage Solutions
Opt for a vertical shoe rack to store your footwear easily, without creating a mess.
50. Install shelves and cover them with sliding mirrors
Shelves covered with mirrors give the illusion of more space in the room.
51. Make Spaces
In the end, you can opt for throwing out unnecessary items and simply create spaces in your house for more decorations.
1. Can I make more space with elevated beds?
Yes, elevated beds allow storage underneath them.
2. Is it hard to install shelves?
No, shelves require a drill machine and pins to be attached to the walls, so it can be done without professional help.
We hope you enjoyed reading this article and found our listed methods and hacks ideal for your small space!